Monday, May 04, 2009

Paranoia!...But Why Is It Banana Yellow?



Monkette freaked when we came out of the post office. "CRITTER CONTROL" was right there on the door of the banana yellow truck that was parked right next to OUR truck.

It took awhile to calm her down. Sometimes it ain't all that easy explaing things to the cotton stuffed head of a toy monkey. First off, I told her that she wasn't "Wildlife" in need of management. She was a very civilized toy monkey and lived with me in our house, not in a tree in the back yard. "See, that's a picture of a racoon, and they live in the woods when they're not knocking over garbage cans!" I told her. She'd never seen a racoon but she'd seen knocked over garbage cans before.

In retrospect, though, I think that her making a scene was just a ruse. I stopped off at Publix on the way home and picked up some fresh bananas and a box of Devil Dogs. Everything was good again.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home