Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Oh YEAH! We Really Showed 'em, Didn't We...

Monkette was excited this morning. Hell, last night was exciting! She'd never been to a mayoral campaign victory party before, let alone attending as a succesful political consultant! On the down side, the munchies were Italian food, and I'd assured her that I'd never EVER attended one of these functions where there wasn't a fresh fruit plate. Oh well, first time for everything. She sipped some Coke, and I had a baggie of raisins in my belt pouch. I promised her that next time I'd stick a banana in there along with the film, just to be on the safe side.

This morning we noticed a "THANK YOU" sticker on the big "Re-Elect Mayor Kevin Burns" sign by the street in front of Starbucks. Just look at that big Smile on Monkette's face! One happy girl there, for sure.

Our coffee sipping was interupted by a familiar beep-beep from the drive-through lane. Kevin called out his usual "Hey Al!", adding "Let me park and we can shoot some pictures in front of the big sign with the monkey." A few minutes later we did just that. Yup a good start for a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home