Thursday, May 07, 2009

You Can't Please Everyone So You've Got To Please Yourself



You're not supposed to do any campaigning within 100 feet of the polling place, and there I was, wearing that bright yellow "Bonnie" T-shirt! They told me that I could go straight in, vote, and immediately leave, but I was thinking "What if I get involved in a conversation with somebody?" Michael Blynn came to the rescue. "Here, wear one of mine!" he said with a big grin, handing me a Blynn T-shirt. He and Bonnie are running for the same council seat. I thanked him, and then put the shirt on inside-out over Bonnie's shirt. He wasn't a happy camper but I was good to go. I was able to stroll into the library no questions asked!

I showed my I.D., got checked off, and was handed my ballot. The guy who gave it to me admonished that I should make sure to vote on both the front and back of the ballot, and to fill in the ovals completely, not just "X" them. The electronic machine then read my ballot and entered my vote. On the way out they stuck a little "I VOTED" sticker on my shirt. It kind of stuck there for a few minutes,then headed off to someplace else. They should really buy stickers with better stickem!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home